CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Careful what you blog about...

So apparently when you blog about everyone else being pregnant, it happens to you!


Joe and I found out about a week and a half ago that we are pregnant. We are probably about 7 weeks along, but don't go to the doctor until the 10th of September. To say I'm nervous is an understatement. You watch all of these people you know go through pregnancy and you think awww that's great, awww how cute, awww what an ugly/cute name/baby, but when it happens to you it really is totally different. I have these moments of anxiety where I think what if the baby has something wrong with it, a heart defect, a growth defect, what if its a dwarf, and all other kinds of crazy thinking. If any of you are tv freaks like me and watch Tori & Dean, Tori always thought up crazy things that could be wrong with her baby...I now know why!

When I went to Baby Views with Jessica to find out the sex of her baby (girl), it was so nice to hear that the baby looked healthy. They measured her for chromosome defects that lead to Downs and other diseases and she looked great. I can't wait for that day to get here. I will have to wait another 10 weeks to find out if the doctor thinks my baby is healthy, and another 33 weeks to find out for sure....this is just wild!

All that being said, we are so ecstatic!! We weren't trying for this, but we are definitely blessed by it! Say a little prayer for me that I don't have a nervous break down before April 21st though!!

We've been looking at names already and have eliminated quite a few from my list. Give me your opinion on the following:

Boys-middle name is Wayne
Kyler
Camden
Grayson

Girls-middle name is Gray
Ellison
Landry
Ramsey
Jamison

Let me know what you think!

7 comments:

Charity said...

Here's what I think: I'm VERY excited for you! Boy: Grayson, Girl: Ramsey. love you!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I cannot believe it! Huge Congrats to you both. I will be praying for a easy pregnancy and and healthy baby! Love your names- very unique.

Tracy Purdy said...

Yippy! Glad I can be excited to EVERYONE now! You know my picks(but I do love them all):)
Grayson and Ramsey:) Love you!

Melissa Conaway said...

Love Camden & Grayson! Love Ramsey & Landry!!! YAY!! Congrats!

The Nelson Family said...

Congrats Ashley! That is so exciting and kind of funny that it happened like that. I guess I am the only one left in the Barren Womb club. ;)
On the names, I'll be honest because I see a lot of names, alot of really bad names at that. And I think it's part of my job as a pediatrician to evaluate these kind of things, right??. Sounds like you are going with the trendy "Pier One" kind of names. I like these especially if they are someone's last name or have a special meaning and if so, carry on. If not, it's kind of like you just made it up. With that being said, I do like the ones you picked out. I would mention that Kyler is a bit ambiguous, girl or boy?? Who knows?
Landry? - Honestly, I'd toss that one too. Same thing - girl or boy??
The middle names are very cute. If you are going with something trendy, it's good to have something traditional to bring it back home, and I know those are family names. I do like Grayson and Ellison. They get my vote. Hope I wasn't too critical. Of course if you go with Kyler or Landry, I'm sure they will be precious!

The Nelson Family said...

Didn't mean for that to be so long. Sorry.
We'll be praying all goes well with your pregnancy! You're going to have so much fun!!

Lauren Victoria said...

i LOVE ramsey! ive never heard that.. i no this girl who just named her baby jamison if that makes a difference... anyway CONGRATS GIRL!!! :)