CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's Football/Volleyball Season!

One of the many things that I adore about my husband is that he is a coach! I have always loved playing sports and watching sports, so thanks to Joe, I get to do it all the time now. His first football game is Friday night and I am really pumped about it. There is something about sports that brings a community together....(I'll have to admit that some parts of the community I would rather not see)

This volleyball season brings a first for me-I will be officiating junior and senior high volleyball games at Sheridan, Bryant, and Malvern this year with my mother-in-law to make some good extra $$. The rules of the game have changed quite a bit since I played 9 years ago, but I think I can handle it. I really am looking forward to it-we start next Monday night at Sheridan.

I guess sports just make me feel young again. They remind me of how I felt when I played and how carefree and simple I lived my life. To be honest, my life really isn't that different. Still with the same guy, still live life with a carefree nature, still act like I'm 16...that can be a good thing or bad thing....I'm just glad that the season is here and that we are going to be constantly on the go!

3 comments:

Charity said...

So, do you get to wear a uniform, with a whistle?

Melissa Conaway said...

I know exactly what you mean! I never thought I'd be a coach's wife, but I absolutely LOVE it!

Tracy Purdy said...

I am so glad that you get to do this! Should be fun! I am still waiting on us to get a USA Beach Volley team ready for London. Pretty sure we could take the gold. Can't wait to hear how the game goes Friday! GO STINGERS:) ha