CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Milestones...things people forget to tell you...

Here is a short list of pregnancy 'milestones' that a lot of people fail to share...of course you have to obvious days that you will never forget...first kick, first ultrasound, when you find out the sex, etc. but these are days that have an equal impact...

Days you'll remember...

*the first time you sit down to pee and your stomach rests on your thighs.

*the first day you sit down to pee and your boobs rest on your stomach.

*the first day you bend down to pick something up and almost do a front roll because your body no longer bends that way.

*the first time you look down and see your stomach move like a wave. not just a kick, but it looks like there is a snake in there moving in 8 directions at once...freaky.

*the first morning you wake up and you have wet circles on your shirt...

*the first time you sit down to pee and your boobs don't rest on your stomach anymore because your baby has dropped.

*the first time the doctor 'checks' you and you wince in pain only to have a hot flash when he tells you that you are dilated. (for me this was an omg i'm really having a baby moment)

*the first day that you go to the bathroom to see if there is an arm hanging out because that is the only explanation for the sensation you just felt 'down there.'

Those are just a few I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there were many other 'why didn't anyone tell me about this' moments, but that's all I've got for now.

I am actually due 7 days from today, but the doctor says he will induce me in 14 if I haven't had Beckett yet. He said he highly doubts that I will make it until then, but at this point I'm not really believing anything he says. Pretty sure he will still be in there come August!

6 comments:

Tracy Purdy said...

HAHAHA I loved this! I can't wait to meet baby Beckett! ....arm hanging out....wet circles??? haha

Melissa Conaway said...

hahaha! This was great! Hope labor & delivery goes well for you! I want to see another more recent prego picture!

Kristin Wood said...

What an awesome post! Too funny! I heard rumor from a mutual friend that is an L & D nurse that you looked absolutely beautiful! I'll be praying for you and baby beckett!

Charity said...

CRACK me up! Love this post! And thanks for the nitty/gritty... you're right, no one tells you that sort of stuff.

The Nelson Family said...

Very funny!!! What a great list and you are right about people not mentioning this kind of stuff. Warnings have been duly noted. :)
I checked your blog hoping for some pictures of that baby!!! I hear that he has made his entrance and I am so happy for you guys!

Roy & Rachel said...

That is too funny! My friend had a baby and didn't mention any of the fun things you did :) Can't wait to meet him in July when you come to the beach.