CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 6, 2009

Starting with Beckett's birth

I know, I know, I'm 2 months behind...Today I will at least post about his birth.

May 5, 2009 Joe and I arrived at the hospital anxious to meet our son. Here is a picture of us after I have been pumped full of fluids...



Dr. Hutchinson came in at 7:30 and broke my water. I was already at 6 cm and almost 100%....I didn't waste any time asking for my epidural. By 11:30 I was 'complete' and the nurse let me start pushing. Dr. H arrived around 12:30 and called in the NICU girls which pretty much scared me to death. He then said the words that really scared me 'we have 2 options.' Joe looked like he was about to fall out of his chair as it was, and that didn't help. My options were forceps or c-section. Granted I had been pushing for about 45 minutes at this point, I opted for the forceps. The little guy was turned sideways, and his shoulders were stuck. Once he got him turned, it took 4 pushes and he was out. I cried so hard when I saw him, which is very much NOT me, but I was so relieved that he was here and safe.
No one can ever prepare you for the day you have a baby. They can try, but you never really get it until it happens to you. We are blessed beyond measure to have a perfect baby boy!! He weighed 7 lbs 4 oz and was 20.5" long.

1 comments:

The Nelson Family said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so thrilled for you guys. You look so beautiful Ashley and Beckett looks perfect! Also, love your header pic. Looks like you guys have been busy! Can't wait to hear more and see more of that adorable little face!